I"m A Dirty Girl Headline Animator

Friday, August 17, 2007

Mmmm...yummy


Summer time, and the livin' is easy. And so am I. ;) But it's too damn hot today. And with the weekend coming up, what's a girl to do to cool off and chill out? Luckily, Salon has the answer.

See, I loves me my cold iced tea. And over at Salon.com, they held a contest for the best user-created cocktail. And the grand prize winner? The perfect iced tea mix, just in time for sultry August. Caffeine and alcohol in one? I'm in heaven! Here's the recipe:


Iced Tea Classic

1 to 2 parts Earl Grey-infused vodka
2 parts lemon soda
a sprig of mint
a thinly sliced lemon
a splash of simple syrup

To make Earl Grey-infused vodka: For a 750 ml bottle, steep 4 tea bags for four to five hours.

To construct cocktail: Fill a tall glass with ice. Pour one to two parts vodka (depending on how strong you like it) over ice. Add two parts lemon soda as a mixer. (Folks who like their iced tea sweet may want to add a splash of simple syrup). Add a sprig of crushed mint and one or two thinly sliced rounds of lemon as a garnish.

It looks lovely.

add to sk*rt

No comments:

Dirty Girl"s Blogroll


Blog Directory Top Blogs